For gali’s birthday! I made my beautiful wife these armwarmers, in aran and fingering weight.
Super quick pattern that I made up on the fly:
#2 needles (I used hiya hiya circulars, but they’re worked flat except for the thumb, which I did in magic loop)
- c/o 48 sts in aran weight (I used Alpaca Silk, forget what brand).
- Rows 1-14: Work flat in seed stitch (k1, p1) to end on odd rows, (p1, k1) to end on even rows.
- Rows 15-25: Switch to fingering weight (dunno what I used??? It’s definitely 100% wool), work in stockinette for 20 rows. k48 odd rows, p48 even rows.
- Row 26: k21, ssk, k1, pm, k1, k2tog, k21
- Rows 27-30: work in stockinette.
- Repeat rows 26-31 6 times.
- Rows 32-55: Work in stockinette.
- Row 56: Begin thumb. Right mitt: k13, pm, m1, k1, m1, pm, k35. Left mitt: k35, pm, m1, k1, m1, pm, k13.
- Row 57: Purl.
- Row 58: Right mitt: k13, slm, m1, k3, m1, slm, k35. Left mitt: k35, pm, m1, k3, m1, slm, k35.
- Repeat in this fashion until you have 19 stitches between the markers. Then slip the thumb stitches on a piece of waste yarn, m3 using backwards loop over the gap, and knit the remaining stitches.
- Work flat for 10 rows.
- Switch to seed stitch and aran yarn, work for 14 rows.
- Bind off in pattern.
- I worked the thumb in the round using magic loop—k19, pick up 3, all in aran weight and seed stitch. Work for four rows, bind off in pattern.
- Weave in ends.
- Cut about a yard’s length of aran yarn, weave through the back of the arm warmers in criss-cross from the fingers to the elbow.
- Tie in a bow, gift to pretty wife (preferably your own)!
inspired by something cute my wife saw on etsy, idk where. Pattern is mine!